Deadline: March 26, 2021
The Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group (HMGSG) of the American Association of Geographers is offering the Melinda S. Meade Graduate Student Travel Award for the virtual AAG Annual Meeting in April 2021.
This award provides financial support to graduate student specialty group members who plan to present on a health/medical geography topic at the conference during a session sponsored by the Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group..
To be considered for the award, prepare a single PDF file with the following items:
- A short letter describing:
- how the award would be of assistance
- other travel funding available to you, and
- your goals in attending the AAG conference
- The abstract of the paper you will be presenting at the conference, which must be in a session sponsored by the Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group.
- Your CV, which should include your name, affiliation, email address and (physical) mailing address
- A copy of your conference registration (e.g., acceptance note from AAG and PIN number)
Your submission should be emailed to Kevin Matthews (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, March 26, 2021 with the following subject line: “AAG-HMGSG Student Travel Award”
The HMGSG board will review the applications and award five (5) prizes of $60 apiece to cover the cost of student meeting registration fees. Funding decisions will be based on the quality of the abstracts, financial need, and the record of past scholarship shown on applicants’ CVs.