Nominations Deadline: March 1, 2021
The Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group (HMGSG) of the AAG is accepting nominations for the Emerging Scholar Award in Health and Medical Geography. The award seeks to recognize early career scholars who show significant potential for distinguished scholarship in health and/or medical geography. Early career scholars who are in their 2nd-8th years of receiving their Ph.D. degree from an accredited degree program at the time of the 2021 AAG meeting are eligible for the award.
- Drs. Colleen Reid (University of Colorado Boulder) and Jerry Shannon (University of Georgia) In 2020
- Drs. Michael Widener (University of Toronto, Canada) and Paul Delamater (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill) received this award in 2019.
- Dr. Amber Pearson (Michigan State University) received this award in 2018.
- Drs. Maggie Carrel (University of Iowa) and Chris Uejio (Florida State University) received this award in 2017.
- Drs. Paul Mkandawire (Carleton University, Canada) and Kirsten Beyer (Medical College of Wisconsin) received this award in 2016.
- Drs. Debarchana Ghosh (University of Connecticut) and Elisabeth Root (University of Colorado at Boulder) received this award in 2015.
If you are interested in nominating a person for this award, please submit a nomination letter describing the nominee’s potential for distinguished scholarship and promise for impacting the future development of health and/or medical geography, and a copy of the nominee’s CV, preferably in PDF format, to Marynia Kolak (email@example.com) by March 1st, 2021. Nominations will be evaluated by the HMGSG board. Nominees do not have to be members of HMGSG.