Melinda S. Meade Distinguished Scholarship Award in Health and Medical Geography
Nominations Deadline: March 1, 2023
The Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group (HMGSG) of the AAG is accepting nominations for the Melinda S. Meade Distinguished Scholarship Award in Health and Medical Geography. The Award seeks to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the advancements of health and/or medical geography research. Contributions recognized by the Award are broadly conceived, including contributions to all specializations and perspectives in health and/or medical geography.
Recipients of the Award will be invited to present a Special Award Session of HMGSG at the AAG annual meeting the year after receiving the Award. Past winners include:
- Graham Moon, University of Southhampton (2022)
- Sarah Curtis, Universities of Edinburgh & Durham (2021)
- Susan Elliott, University of Waterloo (2020)
- Michael Emch, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (2019)
- Robin Kearns, University of Auckland (2018)
- Mark Rosenberg, Queens University, Kingston, Ontario (2017)
- Mei-Po Kwan, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2016)
- Sara McLafferty, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015)
If you are interested in nominating a person for this award, please submit a nomination letter documenting the nominee’s contributions to and impact on health and/or medical geography and a copy of the nominee’s CV (preferably in PDF format) to Paul Delamater (email@example.com) and Amber Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nominations will be evaluated by the HMGSG board. Nominees do not have to be members of HMGSG. If you have any questions, please email Paul Delamater (email@example.com)