Dear members of the Health and Medical Geography Specialty Group,
At this AAG, our specialty group will sponsor 72 sessions. Although it is not possible to list them all in this post, I would like to remind you of some key events that I hope you will attend. I especially invite you to the Melinda Mede Distinguished Lecture on Friday afternoon (featuring Dr. Mei-Po Kwan), followed by our first reception (with adult beverages and snacks).
Thursday April 6th
- From 9:00 AM – 9:40 AM in Tremont, Marriott, First Floor in Suffolk, Marriott, Third Floor. Peter Gould Undergraduate Student Paper Competition (last two papers in the session)
Friday April 7th morning
- From 8:00 AM – 9:40 AM in Tremont, Marriott, First Floor
Peter Gould Graduate Student Paper Competition
- From 11:50 AM – 1:10 PM in Simmons, Marriott, Third Floor
Friday April 7th afternoon
- From 1:20 PM – 3:00 PM in Room 310, Hynes, Third Level
Emerging Scholars in Health and Medical Geography featuring Dr. Kirsten M. M. Beyer and Dr. Paul Mkandawire
- At 3 PM directly followed by
The Melinda Meade Distinguished Lecture featuring Dr. Mei-Po Kwan also in Room 310 Hynes (same place)
- directly followed by
Health and Medical Geography Reception (same place) also in Room 310 Hynes
At our business meeting, we will recognize recipients of the Peter Gould Paper Competition, the Jacques May Thesis/Dissertation Prize, recipients of the Melinda Meade travel awards, awardees for the Emerging Scholar(s) in Health and Medical Geography, and the Melinda Meade Distinguished Scholar. Finally, we will hold elections for the position of vice-chair, board members and student representatives.