To provide a forum for disseminating research on health and well-being, disease, illness, spatial epidemiology, disease ecology, population health, ethnomedicine and non-Western understandings of health and medicine, spatial aspects of health care delivery, and health care policy and political economy. Further, to promote health geography within geography and related disciplines, and advocate its applications and service to public and private agencies and the general public in the developed and developing world. (Membership dues: $8., students $1).
- HMGSG Newsletter (Fall 2017) November 27, 2017
- Annual Peter Gould Student Paper Award September 26, 2017
- AAG 2018 Session: “Advances in Computational Approaches for Geospatial Health Applications” September 25, 2017
- Health and Medical Geography Journals September 19, 2017
- GEOMED 2017 August 8, 2017